Sunday 18 January 2009

New Year's Resolutions Update

I posted on this about a month ago and forget to let you know how I'm getting on!

So far, I have found my battery charger for my camera and indeed have a spare one so have been taking lots of pics. Unfortunately I haven't been making enough time to do cool stuff. This needs to be ammended.

I am spending less time on the internet, and spending more time cooking and cleaning and playing Guitar Hero World Tour! (I suck)

Hmmm, the weight issue. I haven't lost anything yet and have major bouts of tears over it. It's my fault due to a lack of willpower and feeling there's other things I should be doing ahead of exercise, like coursework. But, really, what is more important than health and state of mind? I have a Black Tie dinner to go to this week and spent most of yesterday in hysterics about my puddingy figure. However, since the new year, I have been cooking everything from scratch every night and been far more healthy, I need to work on my portion sizes though. I've picked up a cheap exercise DVD for a few quid and having done 30minutes of it I felt way better in myself that I'm taking positive action. I think I may update more on this in my blog, as it's not something I'd talk to people about face to face.

Etsy..... ah I haven't brought myself to list anything. I've decided I want to have 10 unique items that I can list so am currently prototyping and testing some of these. It's going to be a bit of a wacky shop with a mix of things so I'm also trying to find a way to make everything distinguishable (typo?) to me but not limiting me to producing one thing.

I'm shit hot at hoovering and am taking more pride in our home. Big up to my Mam who has managed to be a proper housewife and work from home. It's not easy!

New skills.... I've surpassed myself here! I've learnt to knit and am practising whenever I get a chance (car journeys into University, generally) and have taken up crochet too, on a similar basis.

The downside of all this is my days are now much longer and I get less sleep, but I hope I'll soon have a better routine and everything will become more habitual.

Enjoy your Sunday

J xx

No comments: